Dr. Perin chose a fellowship at the Duke University Eye Center for the quality and breadth of clinical and surgical experiences and didactics in Glaucoma. He hopes to continue his career educating other eye care and glaucoma providers and research areas such as drug toxicity to the eye, the affect of sleep pattern on intra ocular pressure curves, and the surgical management of glaucoma.
Education & training
Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine
Internship: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Internal Medicine
Residency: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Ophthalmology
Associated labs, publications, & achievements
- Perin AF, Chacko JG, Goyal S. Nonarteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy Associated With Clomiphene Citrate Use. J Neuroophthalmol. 2016.
- Perin AF, Bayram JD, Uwaydat SH. “Management of Acute Orbital Compartment Syndrome.” Rosen and Barkin’s 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult. Schaider JJ, Rosen P, Barkin RM et al. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 3rd edition. In editing phase.
- Uwaydat SH, Perin AF, Bayram JD. “Hordeolum (Stye) Incision and Drainage.” Rosen and Barkin’s 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult. Schaider JJ, Rosen P, Barkin RM et al. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 3rd edition. In editing phase.
- Perin AF, Goyal S, Rosenbaum E, Uwaydat S. Lysinibacillius spp. Endophthalmitis: a first reported case. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2015;45(5).
- Perin AF. “Mucocele”, “Floppy Eyelid Syndrome”, “Symptomatic Anisometropia”, “Blepharophimosis Syndrome”. Ophthalmology Clinical Vignettes, Oral Exam Study Guide II. Pemberton et al. 2015.
- Tung CI, Perin AF, Gumus K, Pflugfelder SC. Tear meniscus dimensions in tear dysfunction and their correlation with clinical parameters. Am J Ophthalmol. 2014;157(2):301-310.e1.
- Perin AF, Lyzogubov V, Bora N, Morshedi RG. In Vitro Assessment of Moxifloxacin Toxicity to Human Iris Pigment Epithelium. Poster presented at The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting, May 7, 2015, Denver, CO. Selected as a “2015 Annual Meeting Hot Topic”
- Hwang C, Perin AF, Pflugfelder S. Correlation of tear film volume by OCT with Schirmer test and NGF levels in tears. Abstract presented by Cindy Hwang at Baylor College of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology Resident Research Day. Houston, TX. June 10, 2011.
- “Glaucoma – Causes for Suspicion.” Arkansas Optometric Association Spring Convention. Little Rock, AR. April 27, 2017.
- “Ophthalmology for Internists.” Internal Medicine Residency Noon Conference, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Little Rock, AR. January 13, 2016.
- “Moxifloxacin Toxicity to Human Iris Pigment Epithelium.” Table Rock Regional Roundup. Ridgedale, MO. September 25, 2015.
Winner, Resident Podium Competition
- “Acute Zonal Outer Occult Retinopathy and Autoimmune Retinopathy.“ Neurology Chairman’s Rounds, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR. April 23, 2014.
- “Non-Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy: a New Risk Factor?” Jones Eye Institute Resident Day. Little Rock, AR. June 3, 2016.
- “Moxifloxacin Toxicity to Human Iris Pigment Epithelium.” Jones Eye Institute Resident Day. Little Rock, AR. June 5, 2015.
- In Vitro Assessment of Moxifloxacin Toxicity to Human Iris Pigment Epithelium. Jones Eye Institute Resident Day. Little Rock, AR. June 13, 2014.
- Grand Rounds, Jones Eye Institute, numerous presentations.
- Chancellor, J, Perin A. “Intraocular Pressure Curve in Nonglaucomatous, Nocturnal Subjects.”
Awards and Honors:
- Resident of the Year Award, Jones Eye Institute, 2016
- Academic Achievement Award, Jones Eye Institute, 2015
- Raymond and Mary Morris Annual Ophthalmology Resident Award, Jones Eye Institute, 2015
- Resident Teacher of the Year Award, Ophthalmic Medical Technician Program, Jones Eye Institute, 2015
- Dedman Merit Scholarship, Robert H. Dedman Fund, 2005
- University Scholarship, University of Texas at Austin, 2005
- Freshman National Merit Scholarship, National Merit Scholarship Corporation, 2004