Dr. Birnbaum looks forward to large faculty support, close relationships with fellows, the collegial atmosphere, and extensive resources here at the Duke University Eye Center. Her goal is to gain exposure to all specialties, though she is particularly interested in health services and delivery research and telemedicine.
Education & training
Medical School: Brown University
Associated labs, publications, & achievements
- Acquired corneal neuropathy and photoallodynia associated with malposition of an Ex-PRESS shunt. Birnbaum FA, Hamrah P, Jacobs DS, Song BJ. J Glaucoma. 2017 Jan;26(1):e19-e21.
- Birnbaum FA, Johnson GM, Johnson LN, Jun B, Machan JT. Increased prevalence of optic disc drusen after papilloedema from idiopathic intracranial hypertension: On the possible formation of optic disc drusen. Neuroophthalmology. 2016 Jul 1;40(4):171-180
- Birnbaum FA, Gupta G. The role of early vitrectomy in the treatment of fungal endogenous endophthalmitis. Retin Cases Brief Rep. 2016 Summer;10(3):232-5.
- Birnbaum FA, Wang A, Brady CJ. Stereoscopic surgical recording using GoPro Cameras: A low-cost means for capturing external eye surgery. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015 Dec;133(12):1483-4.
- Birnbaum F, Lewis D, Rosen RK, Ranney ML. Patient engagement and the design of digital health. Acad Emerg Med. 2015 Jun;22(6):754-6.
- Moen EL, Wen S, Anwar T, Cross-Knorr S, Brilliant K, Birnbaum F, Rahaman S, Sedivy JM, Moss SF, Chatterjee D. Regulation of RKIP function by Helicobacter pylori in gastric cancer. PLoS One. 2012;7(5):e37819.