Dr. Latting is interested in in facial trauma, facial reconstruction, facial reanimation, and global health.
Education & training
Medical School: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Internship: Cleveland Clinic Akron General, Transitional Year
Residency: Wills Eye Hospital, Ophthalmology
Associated labs, publications, & achievements
- Latting MW, Huggins AB, Marx DP, Giacometti JN. Clinical Evaluation of Blepharoptosis: Distinguishing Age-Related Ptosis from MasqueradeConditions. Semin Plast Surg. 2017 Feb;31(1):5-16.
- Huggins AB, Latting MW, Marx DP, Giacometti JN. Ocular Adnexal Reconstruction for Cutaneous Periocular Malignancies. Semin Plast Surg. 2017 Feb;31(1):22-30.
- Wilson ME, Kim C, Carrasco J. Bilateral Optic Nerve Edema Presenting as Initial Manifestation of Thyroid Eye Disease. Orbit. 2016 Aug. [Epub ahead of print.] PMID 27486810
- Wilson ME, Pointdujour-Lim R, Lally S, Shields CL, Rabinowitz MP. Acute Charles Bonnet Syndrome Following Hughes Procedure. Orbit. 2016 July. [Epub ahead of print.] PMID: 27467709
- Wilson ME, Thornton S, Murchison AP, Bilyk JR. An Orbital Hickam’s Dictum. Surv Ophthalmol. 2016 Mar. [Epub ahead of print.] PMID: 26994869
- Wilson ME, Gupta P, Tran KV, Arora KS, Lee C, Chang DS, Friedman DS. Results from a Modified Bleb Needling Procedure with Continuous Infusion Performed in the Operating Room. J Glaucoma. 2016 Sep 25(9):720-6. PMID 27552502
- Wilson ME, Samara WA, Eagle RC Jr, Shields JA, Shields CA. Pilomatrixoma of the Eyebrow in an 11-Year Old Child. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2016 May 1;53(3):192. PMID: 27224956
- Wilson ME, Levin AV. Review of “Complications and visual outcomes after secondary intraocular lens implantation in children.” Pediatric Glaucoma and Cataract Family Association. http://www.pgcfa.org/kb/entry/1378/. 2015 Dec 16.
- Wilson ME, Sridhar J, Garg SJ, Forman AR. Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomographic Imaging of Pigmented Retinal Pigment Epithelial Deposits in a Patient with Prolonged Minocycline Use. JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015 Nov 133(11):1360-2. PMID: 26334869
- Wilson ME, Shields CL. Diagnosed in infancy as a benign nevus, a young child’s iris lesion continues to complicate his visual development. Review of Ophthalmology. 2015 June 15(23): 69-72.
- Huggins A, Patel J, Melnyk M, Sharma P, Finklea B, Cutler N, Wilson M, Ahmed F, Adam M. Review of “Effect of femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery on the corneal endothelium.” EyeWorld. November 2014.
- Wilson ME, Karaoui M, Al Djasim L, Edward DP, Al Shamrani M, Friedman DS. The safety and efficacy of chloral hydrate sedation for pediatric ophthalmic procedures: a retrospective review. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2014 May-Jun;51(3):154-9. PMID: 24627951
- Wilson ME, Scott AW. How to Perform Intravitreal Injections. Eye Net. 2013 April: 45-47. Bagheri N, Wajda B. Wills Eye Manual (7th Edition.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. Editor.
- Friedman DS, Karaoui M, Varadaraj V, Hamweyah K, Wilson ME, Aljasim LA, Munoz B, Collins ME. Chloral hydrate sedation has a negligible impact on intraocular pressure (IOP) in infants and young children. The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting. May 2017. Baltimore, Maryland.
- Wilson ME, Kim C, Stefanyszyn M. Treatment of Adult Orbital Xanthogranuloma with Intravenous Rituximab. Women in Ophthalmology Summer Symposium. August 2016. Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Wilson ME, Waisbourd M, Pruzan NL, Johnson D, Ugorets A, Crews J, Saaddine J, Hark L, Katz J. The Philadelphia Glaucoma Detection and Treatment Project - Community-based intervention to improve detection and management of glaucoma in high risk populations. National Medical Association Scientific Session. July 2016. Los Angeles, California.
- Wilson ME, Rahimy E, Garg SJ. Through the Eyes of the Retinal Surgeon: Google Glass for Recording Scleral Buckling Surgery. The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Annual Meeting. May 2015. Denver, Colorado.
- Wilson ME, Gupta P, Tran KV, Arora KS, Lee C, Chang DS, Friedman DS. Intraoperative Modified Bleb Needling Procedure:
- Preliminary Results in 30 Patients from 2010-2012. National Medical Association Scientific Session. August 2014. Honolulu, Hawaii.
- National Medical Association Rabb-Venable Award for Outstanding Research, 1st Place Podium Presentation, July 2016
- National Medical Association Rabb-Venable Award for Outstanding Research, 2nd Place Poster Presentation, August 2014