Giving Opportunities - Duke Eye Center
Banks Anderson, Sr., MD, was the first ophthalmologist at Duke, serving from 1930-1965. He served as associate professor of surgery in charge of ophthalmology from 1930-1949. Then he became professor of ophthalmology and the first Chief of the Division of Ophthalmology. His dedication to those persons in need of excellent professional care as well as his great ability to impart his knowledge to those working with him will always be appreciated and remembered.
This special society was created to honor Andersonís contributions to the field of ophthalmology at Duke. Members of the Anderson Society are donors who have supported the Duke Eye Center with $100,000 or more. Their names appear on the Anderson Society plaque displayed in the Duke Eye Center lobby.