Divakar Gupta, MD is a board certified, fellowship-trained ophthalmologist specializing in the medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma and cataracts. He performs both traditional glaucoma surgery such as trabeculectomy and glaucoma tube shunts, as well as cutting-edge Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS). He is trained in the latest surgical techniques of cataract and laser-assisted cataract surgery. Dr. Gupta also offers premium intraocular lenses for cataract surgery patients interested in astigmatic correction and/or presbyopia correction.
He has a clinical and research interest in early diagnosis of glaucoma and improving treatment outcomes. His research focuses on novel ways to use optical imaging and technology to identify and manage glaucoma. Dr. Gupta also spends time teaching and lecturing trainees and eye professionals at the Duke Eye Center and in the community. When he is not working, he spends his time watching Duke Basketball, playing tennis, and enjoys cooking.
Education and Training
- University of Washington, B.S. 2005
- Duke University School of Medicine, M.D. 2010
- Duke University School of Medicine, M.M.C.i. 2017
- National Institutes of Health, Intramural Research Training
- Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Transitional Year Internship, Medicine
- University of Washington School of Medicine, 3-Year Ophthalmology Residency, Ophthalmology
- University of Washington School of Medicine, Clinical Instructor, Department Of Ophthalmology
- Duke University, Glaucoma Fellowship