Melissa B. Daluvoy, MD, is a fellowship trained, board-certified ophthalmologist, with expertise in the medical and surgical treatment of cornea and anterior segment diseases. She performs routine and complex cataract surgeries and offers astigmatism and presbyopia correcting intraocular lenses.
She specializes in advanced corneal transplantation procedures including PK, DSEK, DALK and keratoprosthesis. She performs other anterior segment procedures (Intacs, ptyergia excisions, etc.) as well as refractive surgeries including custom bladeless Intralase LASIK, PRK, PTK and phakic intraocular lenses (implantable contact lenses). She has a special interest in the management of ocular surface diseases like dry eye and blepharitits; and she offers the new Lipiflow procedure.
Dr. Daluvoy is dedicated to delivering personalized treatment while providing high level patient care. She has several publications and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Daluvoy lives in Durham with her family and is an avid runner.
Education and Training
- University of Scranton, B.S. 2000
- University of Scranton, M.P.T. 2001
- Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, M.D. 2005
- Georgetown University, Transitional Year Residency, Medicine
- George Washington University, Ophthalmology Residency, Ophthalmology
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Washington, Dc