Melissa B. Daluvoy, MD, is a fellowship trained, board-certified ophthalmologist, with expertise in the medical and surgical treatment of cornea and anterior segment diseases. She performs routine and complex cataract surgeries and offers astigmatism and presbyopia correcting intraocular lenses.
She specializes in advanced corneal transplantation procedures including PK, DSEK, DALK and keratoprosthesis. She performs other anterior segment procedures (Intacs, ptyergia excisions, etc.) as well as refractive surgeries including custom bladeless Intralase LASIK, PRK, PTK and phakic intraocular lenses (implantable contact lenses). She has a special interest in the management of ocular surface diseases like dry eye and blepharitits; and she offers the new Lipiflow procedure.
Dr. Daluvoy is dedicated to delivering personalized treatment while providing high level patient care. She has several publications and is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Daluvoy lives in Durham with her family and is an avid runner.
Education and Training
- The University of Scranton, B.S. 2000
- The University of Scranton, M.P.T. 2001
- Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, M.D. 2005
- Georgetown University, Transitional Year Residency, Medicine
- The George Washington University, Ophthalmology Residency, Ophthalmology
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Washington, Dc