Sanjay Asrani, MD, specializes in glaucoma diagnosis and treatment, and cataract surgery. He is highly skilled in all forms of cataract and glaucoma surgery including tube implant, laser and filtering surgery. He is board certified, fellowship trained, and has been honored among “America’s Top Ophthalmologists” and “Best Doctors in America”.
Asrani is a dedicated researcher receiving support from Research to Prevent Blindness, private foundations, and philanthropy. His major research interests include the development of new surgical implants for glaucoma, and the development and utilization of new technology for the early detection of glaucoma.
Education and Training
- Seth G.S. Medical College (India), M.B.B.S. 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- The BCI (Brain Computer Interface) Glaucoma Study: Objective Home-Based Detection of Progressive Visual Function Loss in Glaucoma
- The nGoggle: A portable brain-based device for assessment of visual function deficits
- AERIE AR13324-CS302 (MERCURY)
- AERIE AR13324-CS301 (ROCKET 1)
- Glaucoma Project Follow-up
- Expanding Quality Care for Glaucoma through a Provider-Patient Partnership