Education & Training
Undergraduate: Brown University, 2011
Medical School: Northwestern University, 2015
Masters in Medical Humanities and Bioethics, Northwestern University, 2016
Internship: West Suburban Medical Center, Oak Park, IL, 2016
Residency: UCSF, 2019
- Racial and anatomic differences in glaucoma
- New surgical devices
- Imaging and screening tools
- Medical education
Associated Labs, Publications, & Achievements
- Kang JM, Baek SU, Chansangpetch S, Perez, CI, Wang D, He M, Nguyen A, Park KH, Lin SC. Comparison of Anterior Segment Parameters among Koreans, Chinese, and Caucasians: Lens Vault as a Protective Parameter in Koreans. Ophthalmology Glaucoma. 2018 Nov-Dec; 1(3):182-188.
- Kang JM, Padmanabhan SP, Schallhorn J, Parikh N, Ramanathan S. Improved utilization of operating room time for trainee cataract surgery in the public hospital setting. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. 2018 February 18; 44(2):186-189.
- Kang JM and Lin S. Ginkgo and its potential role in glaucoma. Current Opinion in Ophthalmology. 2018 March; 29(2):116-120. Tseng VL, Greenberg PB, Wu WC, Jiang L, Li E, Kang JM, Scott IU, Friedmann PD. Cataract surgery complications in nonagenarians. Ophthalmology. 2011 Jul;118 (7) 1229-35.
Awards & Achievements:
- Vice President, Frederick C. Cordes Eye Society, UCSF
- Magna Cum Laude in Scientia Experimentali, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Summa Cum Laude, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Phi Rho Sigma Dennis Award, Feinberg School of Medicine