Education & Training
Undergraduate: Harvard College, 2010
Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine, 2015
Internship: Indiana University Methodist Hospital
Residency: Washington University School of Medicine, 2019
Novel diagnostic imaging modalities and machine learning based screening strategies.
Associated Labs, Publications, & Achievements
- Liu JC, Gibson E, Ramchal S, et al. Diabetic Retinopathy Screening in a Primary Care Setting with Automated Retinal Image Analysis Improves Adherence to Follow-Up Ophthalmic Care. Ophthalmol Retina. 2020 Jun [Online, in press]
- Palko JR, Ma Y, Xueliang P, Liu JC, et al. Mechanical Stability of Cryopreserved Split-Thickness Tectonic Corneal Grafts. Cornea. 2020 Jun [Online, in press].
- Kuo J, Liu JC, Gibson E, et al. Factors Associated with Adherence to Screening Guidelines for Diabetic Retinopathy Among Low-Income Metropolitan Patients. Mo Med. 2020 May; 117(3):258-264.
- Liu JC, Green W, Sheybani A, Lind JT. Intraoperative Suprachoroidal Hemorrhage During Xen Gel Stent Implantation. Am J Ophthalmol Case Rep. 2020 Jan 25;17:100600.
- Valenzuela CV, Liu JC, Vila PM, Simon L, Doering M, Lieu JEC. Intranasal Corticosteroids Do Not Lead to Ocular Changes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Laryngoscope. 2019 Jan; 129(1):6-12.
- Liu JC, Kung N, Van Stavern GP (2019). Functional Vision Loss. In N.V. Prajna (Ed.), Peyman’s Principles & Practice of Ophthalmology (2nd ed., pp 1587-1598). London, England: JP Medical Ltd.
- Dixon MW, Harocopos GJ, Li AS, Liu JC, Rajagopal R. Inadvertent Intravitreous Ink Injection from Subconjunctival Tattooing Causing Intraocular Inflammation and Retinal Trauma. Ophthalmology Retina. 2018 Oct; 2(10):1080-1082.
- Liu JC, Green W, Van Stavern GP, Culican SM. Assessing the Utility Of 2.5% Phenylephrine for Diagnostic Pupillary Dilation. Can J Ophthalmol. 2017 Aug; 52(4):349-354.
- Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Fellow
- Doris and Harry Wexler Research Prize recipient
- Pepose Young Investigator Research Award recipient
- Max and Evelyn Grand Prize recipient for excellence in ophthalmological clinical care
- Dr. Lee B. and Virginia G. Harrison Scholar
- United States Presidential Scholar
- National Merit Scholar