Dr. Berdia chose Duke University for the strong clinical training as well as opportunities for research. His research interests include retinal imaging and inherited retinal degenerations.
Education & training
Medical School: SUNY Downstate College of Medicine
Internship: Maimonides Medical Center, Internal Medicine
Residency: Mt. Sinai Icahn School of Medicine at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Ophthalmology Chief Resident
Associated labs, publications, & achievements
- Mehta A, Berdia J, Wagner L, Choi I, Johnson B. Traumatic Submacular Hemorrhage with Macular Hole Repaired by Pneumatic Displacement and Intravitreal t-PA Injection. Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine, Vol. 2017. Article ID 9821416
- Berdia J, Johnson B, Hubbard G. Hemangioblastoma and Syrinx in von Hippel-Lindau Disease. Retina. 2017; 37 (3), e29-e30.
- Berdia J, Tsai FF, Liang J, Shinder R. Pachydermoperiostosis: a rare cause of marked blepharoptosis and floppy eyelid syndrome. Orbit. 2013;32(4):266-9.
- Gallagher D, Adams B, El-Gendi H, Patel A, Grossman L, Berdia J, Korshunov Y, Goldman A. Is Distal Locking Necessary? A Biomechanical Investigation of Intramedullary Nailing Constructs for Intertrochanteric Fractures. Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. December 2012.
- Berdia J, Levine J, Johnson B. Retinal Vasculature Changes in Patients with Diabetic Macular Edema treated with Intravitreal Anti-VEGF. ARVO 2016 Annual Meeting. May 2, 2016.
- Berdia J, Thirunavukkarasu M, Glazman S, Belakovskaya Z, Shrier E, Bodis-Wollner I, A Pilot Longitudinal Study of Inner Retinal Layer Thickness in Parkinson Disease. Parkinsons Study Group Symposium. October 1, 2013.