Education & Training
Undergraduate: Princeton University 2004
Medical School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine 2012, 2014
Internship: Vidant Medical Center at East Carolina University
Residency: Duke Eye Center 2018
Associated Labs, Publications, & Achievements
- Liu KC, Chen J, Fleischman D, Killer H, Lee AG, Bhatti MT. Papilledema: Current topics of cerebrospinal fluid dynamics, optic nerve pathophysiology, and translaminar cribrosa pressure gradient. Survey of Ophthalmology. Proposal accepted for publication.
- Liu KC and Dagli M. Arcuate Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Defect after Focal Laser Photocoagulation for Diabetic Macular Edema. JAMA Ophthalmology. 2017 Dec 14; 135(12):e174877.
- Liu KC, Hennessey M, McCall CM, Prioa AD. Ocular Involvement in Neurolymphomatosis. AJO Case Reports. (in review)
- Liu KC, Rosdahl JA, El-Dairi MA. A 71-year-old man with bilateral vision loss. Digit J Ophthalmol. September 2017, 3;23(3):85-87.
- Liu KC, Walter SD, Finn AP, Materin MA. Venous loop reveals an occult retinoblastoma tumor. OSLI Retina. September 2017, 1;48(9):788-770.
- Liu KC, Mruthyunjaya P, Proia AD, Vora GK. Pediatric conjunctival melanoma arising from a compound nevus. Journal of AAPOS. October 2017, 21(5):416-418.
- Wen J, Reina-Torres E, Sherwood J, Challa P, Liu KC, Li G, Chang J, Cousins S, Schuman S, Mettu P, Stamer WD, Overby D, Allingham RR. Intravitreal anti-VEGF injections reduce aqueous outflow facility in patients with agerelated macular degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017 Mar 1;58(3):1893-1898.
- Reina-Torres, Wen J, Liu KC, Li G, Sherwood J, Chang J, Challa P, Allingham RR, Overby D. VEGF as a Paracrine Regulator of Conventional Outflow Facility. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017 Mar 1;58(3):1899-1908.
- Liu KC et al. Autoimmunity in the pathogenesis and treatment of keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. January 2014, 14(1):403.
- Liu KC and Chesnutt DC. Isolated perineural optic nerve enhancement on MRI in cases of giant cell arteritis. Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology. September 2013, 33(3):279-81.
- Liu KC and Cheney RE. Myosins in cell junctions. Bioarchitecture. September 2012, 2(5):158-70.
- Liu KC, Jacobs DT, Dunn BD, Fanning AS, Cheney RE. Myosin-X Functions in Polarized Epithelial Cells. Molecular Biology of the Cell. May 2012, 23(9):1675-87
- Liu KC and Bhatti MT. “Systemic Disease and Neuro-Ophthalmology.” Principles and Practice of Ophthalmology. Ed. N Venkatesh Prajna. Jaypee Brothers. (accepted)