Education & Training
Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University, 2012
Medical School: Northwestern University, 2016
Internship: St. Francis Hospital, Evanston, IL
Residency: Northwestern University, 2020
Periocular Reconstruction, Corneal Neurotization
Associated Labs, Publications, & Achievements
- Gu D, May LN, Bryar PJ. Non-mydriatic Retinal Diabetic Screening in the Primary Care Setting: Assessing Degree of Retinopathy and Incidence of Non-Diabetic Ocular Diagnoses." Telemedicine and e-Health. August 2019.
- Hackett NJ, May LN, Garg PG, Gill MK, Lyon AT, Mirza RG. Patients with Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration are at Higher Risk of Sleep Apnea. Austin Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology. December 2018.
- Russell M, Knezevic A, May LN, Pyatetsky, D. Review of “Refractive Outcomes after Limbal Relaxing Incision or Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Astigmatic Keratotomy in the Management of Corneal Astigmatism at the time of Cataract Surgery.” Eyeworld Journal Club. ASCRS. September 2018.
- Jampol L, Nicosia L, Mirza R. White Spot Syndromes and Related Disease. Retina-Ryan: Sixth Edition. Pgs 1516-1561. 2019.
- De Oliveira GS, Bialek JM, Nicosia L, McCarthy RJ, Chang R, Fitzgerald P, Kim JY. Lack of association between breast reconstructive surgery and the development of chronic pain after mastectomy: a propensity matched retrospective cohort analysis. Breast. 2014 Aug; 23(4):329-33.
- Chief Ophthalmology Resident 2019-2020
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine 2016
- Honors in medical school clinical clerkships: ophthalmology, medicine, surgery, OB-GYN. pediatrics, primary care 2015-2016
- Graduated Cum Laude from Vanderbilt University 2012
- National Dance Alliance (NDA) All-American Collegiate Athlete 2012
- Vanderbilt Dance Team Captain 2011-2012
- Vanderbilt University Dean’s List 2008-2012 Tennessee Hope Scholarship 2008-2012
- Tennessee Merit Scholarship 2008