Education & Training
Undergraduate: Cornell University 2013
Medical School: Weill Cornell Medical College 2013
- Internship: Unity Hospital NY, 2019
- Retinal Gene Therapy
Associated Labs, Publications, & Achievements
- Gupta, P.R., & Huckfeldt, R.M. Gene therapy for inherited retinal degenerations: Initial successes and future challenges. Journal of Neural
Engineering. 2017, Aug; 14(5): PMID: 28829759.
- Gupta PR, Pendse N, Greenwald SH, Leon M, Liu Q, Pierce EA, Bujakowska KM. Ift172 conditional knock-out mice exhibit rapid retinal degeneration and protein trafficking defects. Human Molecular Genetics. 2018 Jun 1;27(11):2012-2024. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddy109.
Awards & Achievements:
- The Harold G. Wolff Research Prize- $500 awarded for “most outstanding piece of original research in the neurological or behavioral sciences”
- Research to Prevent Blindness Medical Student Eye Research Fellowship $30,000 award, 07/2016-07/2017
- Adelman Summer Research Scholarship $4,000 award, Summer 2014