Duke Eye Center International Education Program creates an educational environment for physicians outside of the US. We have programs for several types of learners.
Visiting Observer Opportunities
Academic Required Qualifications:
High School Student
Resident or Fellow in Training
|Available Start Dates||Application Deadline|
|January 1st||October 1st|
|April 1st||January 1st|
|July 1st||April 1st|
|October 1st||July 1st|
Short term: 0-6 months = $500
Long term: 6 months - 1 year = $1000
The application fee is waived for High School Students and Undergraduate Students.
The long-term application fee for Medical Students is $500.
Funding Required: Self
Research Fellow Opportunities
|Visiting Research Associate||Active Medical Student, Resident or Fellow, Master Degree, Optometrist (OD), Physician (MD), Doctorate (PhD)|
|Visiting Research Graduate Student||On-going Graduate or PhD Student in home country|
|Visiting Research Scholar||Active Faculty (MD) in an academic institution in your home country.|
Term: 1-2 years
Start Date: September 1st
Application Deadline: May 1st
Application Fee: $1000
Funding Required: Self or Home Institution
- At least 3 months notice from the date you wish to start is required.
- Complete a registration form and be prepared to upload your CV/Resume and Letter of Interest.
- A Duke Eye Center Faculty member must agree to act as your mentor and collaborate in the development of any clinical/scientific research projects while you are at Duke.
- A link to the online application will be emailed to you once a mentor has been identified.
- Complete the online application and required forms.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee during the application process. Visa or Mastercard are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Obtain a visa. Duke University Visa Services will assist you with this process.