We learned from Duke Ophthalmology faculty and trainees during the North Carolina Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons (NCSEPS) Annual Meeting that was held September 25-26, 2021.
Saturday kicked off with a Scientific Session that covered a wide range of topics, starting with a neuro/peds panel and an anterior segment panel followed by the NCSEPS business meeting. The final day of the annual meeting featured the last Scientific Session, poster session awards, advocacy update, and optional case conferences.
We would like to congratulate Duke Medical Student Praruj Pant on receiving 3rd place at the NCSEPS 2021 Poster Competition for his collaborative project with Duke ophthalmology residents Cason Robbins MD, Xinxin (Steph) Zhang MD and Yuxi Zheng MD, Vitreoretinal Surgery fellow Henry Feng MD, and former Duke Vitreoretinal Surgery fellow Akshay Thomas MD titled "Vitreomacular Interface and Treatment Outcomes in CRVO." Great work under the mentorship of Sharon Fekrat, MD, FACS.
Dr. Zheng (PGY2) spearheaded this project as a PGY1 and invited Praruj to contribute to the study in July and eventually present on the updated work at NCSEPS with this poster.
- The Forgotten Stroke - Chantal Boisvert, MD
- Anterior Segment Panel - Moderated by Divakar Gupta, MD
- Evolving Practice Patterns: An Update on Recent Glaucoma Trials - Joanne C. Wen, MD
- Uveal Melanoma: We are Getting Closer - Miguel A. Materin, MD
- Pearls for Diagnosis and Management of Uveitis - Dilraj S. Grewal, MD
- Glaucoma Case Conference - Moderated by Leon W. Herndon Jr, MD
- Retina Case Conference - Moderated by Lejla Vajzovic, MD