Duke Eye Center's Domestic and International Education Program creates an educational environment for eye care professionals in and outside of the US. We have programs for several types of learners.
Visiting Observer Opportunities
Academic Required Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate Student
- Medical Student
- Master Degree
- Resident or Fellow in Training
- Physician (MD)
- Optometrist (OD)
- Doctorate (PhD)
Non-Refundable Application Fee:
- 1 day-9 days = $300
- Short term: 10 days-6 months = $500
- Long term: 6 months - 1 year = $1500
- 3 months notice from the date you wish to start is required for a domestic observer and 6 months notice is required for international observer.
- Complete a registration form and be prepared to upload your CV/Resume and Letter of Interest.
- A Duke Eye Center Faculty member must agree to act as your mentor and collaborate in the development of any clinical/scientific research projects while you are at Duke.
- Complete the required forms. You will receive an email requesting the necessary documents needed.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee during the application process. Visa or MasterCard are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Obtain a visa if required. Duke University Visa Services will assist you with this process.