Duke Eye Center's Domestic and International Education Program creates an educational environment for eye care professionals in and outside of the US. We have programs for several types of learners.
Visiting Observer Opportunities
Academic Required Qualifications:
High School Student (18 or older)
Resident or Fellow in Training
Non-Refundable Application Fee:
1 day-9 days = $300
Short term: 10 days-6 months = $500
Long term: 6 months - 1 year = $1500
Funding Required: Self
- 3 months notice from the date you wish to start is required for a domestic observer and 6 months notice is required for international observer.
- Complete a registration form and be prepared to upload your CV/Resume and Letter of Interest.
- A Duke Eye Center Faculty member must agree to act as your mentor and collaborate in the development of any clinical/scientific research projects while you are at Duke.
- A link to the online application will be emailed to you once a mentor has been identified and agreed to host.
- Complete the online application and required forms.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee during the application process. Visa or MasterCard are the only accepted forms of payment.
- Obtain a visa if required. Duke University Visa Services will assist you with this process.