The Duke second-year medical student Selective is a 2-week rotation with broad exposure to ophthalmic subspecialties:
Students observe patient care:
- in the clinics as well as the operating rooms
- ophthalmic photography procedures and patient work-ups including visual acuity examinations and refractions
- low vision and visual rehabilitation clinic evaluations
Dedicated educational sessions for the second-year medical students on the Selective include:
- a hands-on anatomy dissection
- interactive training with the most commonly used examination equipment
- Students are invited to attend didactic lectures by renowned faculty on a variety of ophthalmic topics.
There is exposure to the ophthalmic research faculty and their projects to allow interested students to learn about the ophthalmology laboratories as they consider their options for third year.
Checklist for MS2 Selective students
Schedules for current MS2 Selective students (log in required)
For additional information about registration, contact Duke Medical School Office of the Registrar
Contact: Peggy Barnwell, firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 684-8656